I was way behind in getting an iPhone, which put me way behind some of the smartphone fads like Words With Friends. In fact, WWF was the very first app I downloaded when I got my iPhone. Thankfully, I know a few people who still played (and still play!) regularly, so I got to indulge in the fad after all.
I know that WWF gets some heat because you can try words over and over until you find something that works. Some may say it’s unfair- I say it’s one of the most fun elements of the game! You end up learning words you never knew before, like “agouti,” “trachle,” and “khat.”
But in the meantime, you also develop some words on your own which get rejected by the game. So I’ve started a compilation of made-up words that even WWF won’t accept. I’ve even defined them. Here’s my top 10:
1. Beering- The act of giving someone a beer.
2. Jacquet- A jacket from France, something so fashionable that I would never be able to pull it off.
3. Uptax- A significant tax increase.
4. Murfed- To have been a victim of Murphy’s Law.
5. Ebetion- Feeling incredibly idiotic.
6. Viara- A tiara and veil combo in one. (The next big thing to hit the bridal market?)
7. Guidium- A yet to be discovered element, most likely to be found at the Jersey Shore.
8. Thorf- An omitted character from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, this being has the strength of a Troll, the curiosity of a Hobbit, the lifespan of an Orc, and the height of a Dwarf.
9. Luigi- The 2nd most important person to Nintendo.
10. Hov- Jay-Z.
I know I’m not the only one who does this. What words have you created? Definitions are a must!